Monday, January 29, 2018

Realist

Everyday, we are far apart
Our lives diverging with roads stretching thin
Our paths changing like dandelions in the wind

How do I make it stop
Slow it down
Take me back to where the world felt wide enough for our hearts to beat

I want to hear your footsteps down the hall
And the smells of fresh foods seep through my door
Let me be in a house warmer than the orange light from the golden sun that shines through my blinds
The time passes
Unable to perceive how my memories have changed

Let me run
Let me dance
Let me leap back into your arms
My head was empty but my heart was full

We lived in an eternal season
Time forever frozen still
Snow Falls or sunbeams were all the same

I wait now
Wait for a time to come
Where my memories are tangible once again
Where your presence is seen and felt

The life we had humbles my heart
The fear
The pain
Can only be proof

Of the the eternal love that exists within me that spans eternity

1 comment:

  1. This poem is beautifully written. The color imagery, along with the use of nature and temperature aids extremely well in conveying the variation of emotions within your poem. The use of repetition in different lines was also effective in getting across the conflict in the poem, as well as emphasizing your point. If anything, I'd say the structure of the poem is inconsistent, in that some lines are much much longer than others without any particular rhythm to it. Other than that, this is a very solid and well-written poem.

    ReplyDelete