Monday, February 12, 2018

"The Image is the poet's pigment; the image is not an idea, it is a radiant node or cluster. A vortex through which, and from which, and into which ideas are constantly rushing. It is as true for painting and sculpture as it is poetry." -Ezra Pound

When honestly writing a poem, traditional use of stanzas and the correct way to seperate things doesn't cross my mind until the very last stages of the poem being written. The real struggle for me is getting my ideas down and expressing everything I feel. As an artist, it is sometimes be atypical so think in the constraints of something, but we always must it seems. To some degree. When I do get to the stage of organizing my writing it seems to always turn out to be helpful. As much as we are taught here to be imaginative, as creative as we can possibly be, we are also taught that clarity is key. To make things as clear as possible I tend to keep breaking up and creating stanzas as simple as possible. When a thought or idea is complete, so is this section of the poem.


No comments:

Post a Comment